(last updated December 2014)
There is nothing unusual or sneaky about LostinLeipzig.com, it’s basically a normal blogging style information website. Nonetheless, these days all good websites have a Privacy and Cookies Policy, as well as a Website Disclaimer statement.
We update this Policy from time to time so please do review this Policy regularly.
Information That We Collect
In running and maintaining our website we may collect and process the following data about your visit:
- Information about your use of our website such as pages viewed and the resources that you access. Also the type of device and your general location when you visited;
- Information provided voluntarily by you. For example, when you subscribe to receive content via email or use the contact form.
You can adjust the settings on your device to decline cookies if you wish. This can be done within the “settings” section of your device. For more information please read the advice at AboutCookies.org. You can also completely block third-party advertisements using adblocking software. But please keep in mind we derive revenue to support this website from advertisements!
Use of Your Information
We use the information that we collect from you primarily to provide our services to you. In addition to this we may use the information for one or more of the following purposes:
- To provide information to you that you request from us;
- To provide information to you relating to other products that may be of interest to you. Such additional information will only be provided where you have consented to receive such information;
- To inform you of any changes to our website.
We NEVER have, do, nor will give your details to third parties to use your data to enable them to provide you with information regarding unrelated goods or services. This is spam, and we hate spam.
Storing Your Personal Data
In operating our website our advertisers and affiliates may transfer data that we collect from you to locations outside of the European Union for processing and storing. By providing your personal data to us, you agree to this transfer, storing and processing. We only deal with reputable sources who convince us that all reasonable steps are taken and best practices employed to make sure your data is stored securely.
Unfortunately the sending of information via the internet is not totally secure and such information can be intercepted. We cannot guarantee the security of data that you choose to send us electronically, sending such information is entirely at your own risk.
Disclosing Your Information
- Where we are legally required by law;
- To further fraud protection and reduce the risk of fraud.
Third Party Links
Phew! If you’ve made it this far and still want more information then please do not hesitate to contact us regarding any matter relating to this Policy via email at info (at) lostinleipzig.com